I baked this banana cupcake for my mum last Sunday, as she cannot tolerate any dairy products, so I used sunflower seed oil instead of butter, and water to substitute in baking these cupcakes.
The cupcakes came out so moist, fluffy and soft, although they didn't rise up and looked a bit flat.
Here is the recipe for sharing:
100g cake flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, 1/8 tsp salt (sifted)
1tsp vanilla essence
65ml sunflower seed oil
150g mashed banana (I used pisang emas)
- Preheat oven at 150C
- Beat eggs with sugar (using electric mixer) until triple in volume and the color became yellowish white.
- Add in vanilla essence and mashed banana, mix to combined.
- Using spatula, fold in half of the combined flour and half of water until combined.
- Fold the the rest of the flour and water, mix to combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour batter into paper cup (can fill until almost full as this cupcake will not rise high).
- Bake until the top portion of the cupcakes turned light brown. Inserted a cake tester, if came out clean, then took out the cake to cool.
*do not over-bake the cake as they will become dry**oven temperature will vary according to respective oven. For my oven, I baked at 120C for about 15minutes*