60g castor sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
80g vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
4 medium-sized bananas, mashed with a fork (about 220g)(I added pinch of salt)
1 tsp rum (or ¼ tsp vanilla extract)
125g plain flour (我用自发粉)
½ tsp baking powder (没放)
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Some chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
1) Beat (A) till light and creamy.
2) Add (B) and combine.
3) Sieve in (C), mix till just incorporated. Stop once there is no traces of flour remain.
4) Divide the batter into half. Sieve in cocoa powder to one portion of the batter and mix well. Add the cocoa batter to a greased and lined square pan (I used 8” but I think the cake is too short, 7” is recommended).
5) Add the remaining plain batter on top of the cocoa batter, swirl gently with a knife (I think I won’t do that next time as I find the plain layer looks “dirty” with the swirling effect). Sprinkle top with chocolate chips (be generous).
6) Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre and come out clean. Cool and cut into squares to serve.